Super Greens Benefits
IN AN IDEAL scenario, I'd like to eat a multicoloured plate of food which has been put in front of me every day, and we could probably all agree that we aren't making the effort to eat enough greens.
Super Greens powders are made from dried powder extracts of various green leafy vegetables, edible grasses, oil seeds and herbs that help meet the micro-nutrient gaps. They dissolve quickly in water, consist of alkalising and antioxidant-rich green vegetables, and have multiple health benefits for overall well-being.
They also help people reach the daily requirement of green vegetable intake. They can contain herbs to support the mind and body's wellbeing.
These supplements pack a substantial amount of greens into one serving in a dehydrated form, but they certainly cannot replace your veggies. A balanced meal gives you everything from proteins, carbs, fibre and nutrients, which a single powder will not be able to.
They do, however, help support a nutritious diet, especially if they come from organic sources, dehydrated in natural ways without too much heat, chemicals or preservatives. Adding a spoon or two of green powder daily to your soup or juice, plus eating some fresh greens, is an excellent habit to boost your nutrition.
The Greens powder I use has 44 organic superfoods to help you feel your best.:
Extra fibre: Rice bran, inulin, apple fibre
The ingredients are dried and processed into a powder. One scoop (10 grammes or two teaspoons) of greens powder includes, on average:
Serving Size 4.2 grams (4g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.4g 1%
Total Carbs 2g 1%
Dietary Fibre 1g 4%
Total Sugars 0g
Protein 1g 3%
Vitamin A 790mcg 88%
Vitamin C 9mg 10%
Calcium 19mg 1%
Iron 0.8mg 5%
• Super-greens powders are typically high in vitamins A and C, which help support immune function. Additionally, the added probiotics to greens powders may support immune function and digestive health.
• Green plant compounds have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions which may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
• Two teaspoons (10 grammes) of greens powder eaten daily reduced blood levels of oxidatively damaged proteins by 30% in a 4-week research study involving ten healthy participants.
• Since blood proteins like enzymes have functions that help shield you against chronic diseases, protecting them from harm is crucial.
• In a 90-day study including 40 people with high blood pressure, daily consumption of two teaspoons (10 grammes) of greens powder resulted in an 8% reduction in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. The control group experienced no advancement.
• According to some researchers, slight increases in urine alkalinity may facilitate your body's removal of contaminants, including pesticides and pollutants. Antioxidants found in abundance in green powders can aid in the fight against free radicals.
What Advantages do they offer?
In terms of nutrition, the convenience a greens powder gives is more important than what it contains; "It is a way of taking additional nutrients to improve your overall micro-nutrient consumption." The vitamin B group, as well as vitamins A, K, and C, are the ones you're most likely to discover in them.
The function of Greens Powders
While a greens powder can be a great approach to increasing your intake of micronutrients, it can't take the place of a nutritious, well-balanced diet. They lack fibre, a crucial component of fruits and vegetables, since it keeps you full and feeds your intestinal flora.
Whose would benefit the most?
Greens powders aren't "magical potions", but they can be a great aid if you're going through a time when your nutrient requirements are higher, or you know your regular healthy diet hasn't been on point lately.
To conclude, although greens powders are not an exact replacement for eating green vegetables, they can offer you critical nutrients that you may be lacking otherwise. And the simple act of drinking green juice is enough to transform your health and energy levels.